Dakota Valley Recycling coordinates multiple opportunities every year for residents to recycle bulky items, hazardous waste, and other problem materials that are not accepted curbside. Most events are open to all residents within Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, and Lakeville. Some of the events are free, and others require small disposal fees. Click on the tabs from the list below for more information about DVR's annual collection events.
Spring Hazardous Waste Collection
(May) Hazardous waste, electronics, appliances, shredding - Lakeville Maintenance Facility
Apple Valley Clean-up Day
(Fall) Furniture, carpet, electronics, other bulky items - Apple Valley Family Aquatic Center
Fall Hazardous Waste Event
(Fall) Hazardous waste, electronics, appliances, shredding - Burnsville Maintenance Facility
Pumpkin Composting Event
(November) Free pumpkin drop-off - Eagan Community Center & Lakeville Police Department
Shoe Recycling Event
(November) Free shoe drop-off - AV, Burnsville, Eagan, and Lakeville ice arenas
Holiday Lights Recycling
(Nov. - Jan.) Free holiday lights collections - Various locations, check tab for more info
Tips for drop-off days
- Coordinate with your neighbors or friends to load up one vehicle to deliver items to the drop-off day in order to reduce wait times.
- For your safety, do not step out of your vehicle during drop-off days.
- Do not pack batteries and bulbs together. Separating them will reduce likelihood of breakage and prevent hazardous spills.
- Consider donation before recycling whenever possible by using the Dakota County Reuse Guide.
- Dakota County residents may attend any of the Dakota County drop-off days happening throughout the year. Paper shredding is often offered at all drop-off day events. To find other events, visit the Dakota County Green Guide and click Recycling Events.